Survive the Bomb: The Radioactive Citizen’s Guide to Nuclear Survival
Attention, citizens and fellow travelers of the Cold War: Survive the Bomb is your family’s ultimate fallout shelter companion. Keep this book at the ready next to the emergency drinking water and vacuum-packed canned meats and vegetables for that moment when the saber-rattling between the world’s superpowers turns Atomic.
Here are all the tips and information you’ll need to keep your family safe and secure:
· A convenient set of Civil Defense carrying cards for your wallet or purse
· Steps for the home handyman toward building a well-furnished fallout shelter
· How to convert your home’s snack bar into a cozy secondary shelter
· A checklist of items you’ll need close at hand while awaiting the “all-clear” message from local authorities
· An Operation Survival! comic, including a crossword puzzle and quiz for the kids
· Revealing studies, reports, and recommendations to the United States Congress and President
· Wargame scenarios, aftermath descriptions, and casualty estimates at various distances from a nuclear blast
· An introduction and commentaries by Cold War historian Eric G. Swedin
Be alert and be prepared. Don’t let a little thing like an atomic particle spoil your day.